Ever had that feeling where every dress or shirt you fit just won’t do at all? It’s a struggle every woman has faced, especially those who had a pear-shaped body. But the truth is, apart from knowing your figure, several factors will come into play to get what you want while you shop. And by thoroughly paying attention to these factors, shopping for your pear-shaped body will be easy as pie.
The secret of shopping for your pear-shaped body is choosing a style that let people draw their eyes to the different parts of your body, all while keeping a new external shape at the same time depending on what clothing you wore. Here are four great looks for your pear-shaped body.
- Your waistline is the smallest part of your body, so make sure that you show this off a lot. Do this by finding dresses with a V-neckline or a full skirt. The bottom of the V-neckline creates an illusion to make you look slimmer while getting attention to this part of your body. Meanwhile, a full skirt creates that feminine look as it softens the hip area for a comfortable and flowy feel.
- The Donna Morgan Sleeveless Cotton Sateen Dress is a gorgeous floral full skirt dress that screams femininity overload. Its hemline falls just below your knees that will make you look demure just like a fairytale princess. It also features a wide V-neckline, slimmer waist, and a soft-textured skirt that suits pear-shaped bodies. The dress is priced at $100 at Amazon.
- Want to be the ultimate head-turner? Then the “Make a Grand Entrance Dress” is the right one for you. This lovely party dress has a fitted top which is layered over the crisply pleated A-line skirt that can show off your pear figure. It also has an attractive gray leaf pattern which is layered over a white background that screams femininity overload. With a price of $90, the dress is a bargain. For UK sizes, it can go from 8 to 14. US size, on the other hand, goes from 4 to 10.
Achieving That Broad Shoulder Line
- Pear-shaped bodies look great with broader shoulder lines. Because of the increased visual width in your shoulder, it creates an illusion of having an hourglass body even if you don’t. This is because the hips are the smallest part of a pear-shaped body. So having a broader shoulder line creates a balanced proportion just like what you’d see in an hourglass.
- The Julian Taylor Floral Printed Dress is great for your image. It features a boat-style neckline and small-cap sleeves, making your shoulder line look wider and broader. Pair this with a retro-inspired full skirt for that ultimate gorgeous look. The dress comes at an affordable price tag of $40 in Amazon and has a size range from 6 through 16.
- On the other hand, the Crepe Sheath Dress is explicitly tailored for pear-shaped bodies. It has a bateau neckline matched with a detailed lace with a sophisticated pattern. You can wear them everywhere from parties or simple gatherings with your gals. It comes with a pricey price tag of $148, which can be bought at Nordstorm. Sizes range from 2 to 12 and are available both black and blush color.
The Stakes are High
- Your goal here is to get the attention of many in your upper body as possible. Do this by wearing a dress with a high halter neckline; be it a classic halter-style or a Victorian one. What’s important is that both your arms and collar bone must be the center of attraction.
- The Eliza J Embellished Chiffon Fit and Flare Dress bring the feminine in you, creating that perfect balance showing off your shoulders and legs. This floaty dress falls right above your knees, featuring a draped bodice and layered with a gorgeously looking flowy skirt that emphasizes your body shape. Price at $198 at Nordstorm, this dress has plenty of color variants to choose from such as blush, navy, champagne, coral, and turquoise.
- Speechless Silver Halter Dress is a combination of a silver halter top and a flowing chiffon skirt at the bottom. The halter-style neckline, paired with a belted waist gives that feminine look that compliments well with your pear-shaped body. The dress comes at an affordable price tag of $60 on Amazon and has a size ranging from 3 to 13.
Fit and Feminine is the Real Deal
- Another trick to extend the visual part of the lower half of your body is to extend the waistline up a bit. This creates an illusion of having a longer lower half that elongates your hips, achieving that slimmer look. Another tip is to look for a more substantial material that will hold the shape together of the dress, which also brings the shape in you.
- To achieve that kind of look, try the Paimpont Silk Dress, a floral dress that is an epitome of beauty and elegance. It has a faux-wrap bodice that goes into the fitted waist all matched with a flared skirt that shows off your torso and exposes your hips. Chic and bold is what this dress is all about. It’s priced with a hefty price tag of $200, which you can buy from Anthropologie.
- The Sleeveless Fit and Flare Dress are one of the more casual looking compared to the former. It’s a simple yet stylish dress that makes it a worthy addition to your closet. It’s made from 95% cotton and 5% spandex. It’s lightly fitted to show off your curves and is paired with a sleeveless style for that comfortable fit. The dress cost at a price tag that won’t hurt your wallet, which is $30 and is available from sizes M to XXL. There are three color variations too, such as red, black, and blue.